Phnom Penh (FN), Jul. 29 – Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen and president of the central committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Do Van Chien agreed to speed up the remaining 16 percent of border demarcation.

Do Van Chien paid a courtesy call on premier Hun Sen, held on Friday (Jul 29) at the Peace Palace Phnom Penh.

“The two countries have achieved 84 percent of border demarcation. We will complete the remaining 16 percent to transform the two nations to a peaceful, stable border, which provides benefits for the people of the two nations. During COVID19 pandemic, the two countries have transformed the obstacles to opportunities and using available resources to boost trade volume,” according to the meeting outcomes obtained by Fresh News on Friday (Jul 29).

On this occasion, Do Van Chien expressed his pleasure in visiting Cambodia as it is a good opportunity to strengthen the two countries relations, the fronts and the parties. At the same time, he conveyed regards from Vietnamese leader, party’s president, Vietnamese president, and prime minister to the premier.

Do Van Chien also wished the premier good health to lead the kingdom to further success. He also congratulated the 5th mandate communal election victory, which reflected the citizens’ will in the wise leadership of premier Hun Sen and wished the Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) win the upcoming general election in 2023. He also wished the kingdom’s success in the capacity as the rotating chair of ASEAN 2022 and the host of SEA Games in 2023.

At the same time, Vietnamese counterpart applauded the kingdom’s effective control of the COVID19 pandemic and vaccination campaign, which allow the kingdom to reopen her socio-economic activities.

In response, the premier congratulated and welcomed the official visit of Vietnamese delegation to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the Cambodia-Viet Nam diplomatic ties and exchange visits. Samdech hoped this visit will further strengthen the good relations between the two countries, parties and the fronts.

Premier Hun Sen thanked Vietnamese leaders for conveying regards to the CPP and Cambodians as well as for wishing CPP to win upcoming general election in 2023. Samdech also congratulated Viet Nam on effective COVID19 and successfully organized the SEA Games.

Lastly, Samdech also asked Do Van Chien to convey regards to Vietnamese leaders such as the secretary general of the party, president, and prime minister.